Currently Being ModeratedJan 13, 2010 10:42 AM (in response to dortiz83)RE: PLEASE HELP! ! KB 37 Pod Studio Clicking Noise w/ Compaq CQ60-420US LAPTOP
There are several reasons why you may be getting pops, clicks, and hum with our USB devices. Here are some things you should check first.
1. Fill out your support profile at http://line6.com/account/supportprofile/
2. Ensure that you have tested all cables to make sure that they are not defective (USB, audio, etc.)
3. Ensure that you have all cables connections set up properly
4. Adjust the Buffer Slider in the Line 6 Audio MIDI Control Panel. (Windows Users: Start/All Programs/Line6/Tools/Audio-MIDI Devices; Mac Users: System Preferences/Other/Audio-MIDI Devices)
5. Adjust Sample Rates and Bit Depths in the Line 6 Audio MIDI Control Panel and ensure that the Sample Rates and Bit Depth settings in the Line 6 Audio MIDI Control Panel also match the project settings in your DAW/recording application
6. Ensure that you have the Line 6 device set up in your operating system as the main input/output device (sound card); disable internal sound card in your operating system’s Device Manager control panel
7. Ensure that your Line 6 USB Device is not connected to a powered USB hub; direct USB ports are required and please try ALL available direct USB ports during the troubleshooting process
8. Remove all non-essential USB peripherals from the computer (not the mouse or keyboard)
9. Disable any wireless cards on computer in Device Manager
10. Set Power Schemes on computer in Control Panel (PC Only) to Always On
11. There are also several other tips and optimizations you can make on your PC. Please refer to the following document for more information:
Please try all of the above first and let us know if you continue to have any more problems. Thanks!