Just thought to share this. The first 19" amp with the correct input sensitivity. I just ordered one. Combined with 2 1x12" coaxial cabs I am set.
MATRIX has decided to put all their knowledge and our feedback into a new amp version with the name GT800FX. This amp is made specifically for our use with the Axe-Fx and of course for the guitar modeling market.
For more information here is the link:
And here how it all began:
So there are basically 5 differences with the standard XT800's:
- Lower Fan noise at the first stage for bedroom playing
- Neutrik Combi Outs: Jacks and Speakons where the Speakons are advised to use when playing higher volumes
- Input Signal: Input sensitivity from 1,5v to 0.775V, in order to match typical signal levels seen with instrument amplification. The amp hears the Axe-Fx twice as better.
- The GT800FX has got the best OP amps available which also are used in top end mixing desks. This actually makes the amp even flatter and results in a less congested response across the frequency range used by our modeling gear.
- New name: GT800FX on the front of the amp.
And now: 110 or 230 volt versions available. (I can here the Canadians, Japanese, Australians and Americans smile) It should be mentioned that buyers outside the UK have to buy the power cord themselves.
And we still have:
- Weight: 3,7 Kg
- Power: 250 Watt/channel at 8 Ohm or 400 Watt/Channel at 4 Ohm
- Bridgeable 800 Watt at 8 Ohn
- Height 1U
- Jack/XLR input from Neutrik
- Frequency Respons 8Hz - 24kHz
- Class A/B Mosfet Output
- Stellar sound quality
- 2 quality and powerfull 2 stage long-life fans. So no extra free 1U (HE) space needed for cooling.
- Protection against Pop-Up and driver short- circuits and mis-wiring
- Fits perfectly with the Axe-Fx in a 3U (HE) rack and forms the lightest transportable solution in the market.
By a UK company that:
- Has a 30 year experience of amp designing and building (several 10 of thousands)
- Has a high quality building method and designs/builds the amp themselves.
- Are motivated to bring out amps where they are proud of! (Craftmanship).
- Knows what is going on in the amp world.
- Listen and understand their customers.
- Deliver instead of trying.
- And have a great sense of humor
The first 1U 19" SS-amp that masters the needed flat EQ for FRFR solutions AND comes dynamicly mighty close to high quality tube amps with your favorite guitar cab solution.
And this for less then 500 UK Pounds excl. shipping.
And you get 4 low rubber feet to reduce the height under the MFC-101 so it will fit better in a rack solution.
How to fit the MFC-101 in a 6U (HE) Rack?