Currently Being ModeratedMay 7, 2011 9:43 AM (in response to evega10)Re: Variax 500 problem, help please! :(
Greetings. I have two 700's and they exhibited similar problems, even after changing out the model-select potentiometer AND performing the Line6-provided calibration procedure. What I discovered is that the potentiometer can rotate slightly further than the mechanical "stops" of the model-select. Unless you align it near dead-center, the calibration procedure doesn't fully correct the problem. So, I edited the calibration procedure and posted it on this site. Here's the link.
If my procedure isn't clear, please don't hesitate to ask!
Here's the link:
Currently Being ModeratedMay 7, 2011 11:15 AM (in response to 1oldguitarman)Re: Variax 500 problem, help please! :(
All mighty friend!
You have made my day.
I really aprechiate your help, and what look to me as a loss case, now works 100% fine.
Thanks a lot again!
Greetings from Costa Rica!
Currently Being ModeratedMay 7, 2011 11:59 AM (in response to evega10)Re: Variax 500 problem, help please! :(
So glad this helped. Not counting my two Variaxes, you are the FIRST in the community to have used this and reported success. That makes 3 successes out of 3 attempts ... good news!
Currently Being ModeratedMay 7, 2011 1:53 PM (in response to 1oldguitarman)Re: Variax 500 problem, help please! :(
I just have to mention that I tried it 2 times without success, the third time I desided to re flash the firware from the guitar and delet all the presets I had save on it, after it was done, right away I calibrated the guitar with your procedure, then the guitar was fixed.
Currently Being ModeratedMay 7, 2011 10:16 PM (in response to 1oldguitarman)Re: Variax 500 problem, help please! :(
Before It woked I did twice this, but somehow may be the presets I had saved already did not let me calibrate the knob correclty.
Then I reinstalled the firmware selectin the option of not saving the current presets, after right away I performed the procedure as explained below and It worked perfectly!
1. Unplug RJ45 cable from guitar.
2. Turn off Power (disconnect ¼" TRS cable from guitar).
PERFORM TIP #1 ABOVE, SPLIT THE DIFFERENCE IN THE EXTRA ROTATION OF THE MODEL SELECT POT
3. Turn the volume up.
4. Pull model selector to "up" position (set to Custom 1).
5. Set pickup selector to 4th (neck-middle) position.
6. Set tone knob to middle position.
7. Turn on power (connect ¼" TRS cable to guitar).
ONCE INITIALIZED (INDICATED BY AN THE AUDIBLE BEEP SEQUENCE AFTER PERFORMING STEP #8), YOU WILL HAVE APPROX. 13 SECONDS TO COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE:
8. Turn tone control to min and then max.
9. You will now hear a beep sequence.
10. Turn model selector from "Custom 1" through all positions up to "Custom 2" this should be timed to approximately 1 second per physical step. (Counting: "one, one thousand", making sure to turn the pot on the one).
11. You will hear a low-high-low beep when completed.
12. Model selector will now be calibrated.
If you hear the low-high-low beep prior to completing the entire rotation of the model select knob, unplug the ¼" TRS cable from guitar and start over again until the timing is correct.