Currently Being ModeratedMay 28, 2012 3:42 PM (in response to EnzoHeavenly)Re: JTV-59: Red blinking lights - No sound at all
I have had models 59 & 89 both US and Korean. I honestly have not had this situation occur unless I was in the process of creating and storing a custom alternate tuning physically on the guitar.
One of the steps in at least on the 59 is blinking lights on both the alt tuning kjob and the model knob, BUT I've only see this happen after I initiated the creation of a lternate tuning patch i wanted to save on the physical alternate tuning knob.
Is there any way at all, you could have started this by accident? It's starts by having both the Model & the Alt Tuning KNOB pressed together at the same time which will cause both knobs to alternately blink. Is this possible?
This is the only thought I have, if this is not your situation, then I'm sorry I have no further info for you and you should create a trouble ticket if you've not done so already so the tech team @ Line 6 can see your problem and address it.
Currently Being ModeratedMay 28, 2012 8:17 PM (in response to markcockerill)Re: JTV-59: Red blinking lights - No sound at all
That's exactly my issue, I got NO SOUND AT ALL. Not even the magnetic pickups o.o! I haven't even tried messing with custom tunings (beside the tuning knob ones).
So far, this is what I tried:
1. Variax -> VDI + 1/4 cable -> Variax USB Interface -> PC = Red blinking lights on BOTH knobs (model and tuning)
2. Variax -> VDI -> POD HD500 -> PC = Red blinking lights on BOTH knobs (model and tuning)
3. Variax -> 1/4" cable -> Amp = Red blinking lights on BOTH knobs (model and tuning)
4. Variax WITHOUT batteries -> HD500 = Red blinking lights on BOTH knobs (model and tuning)
5. Charge battery to FULL, then Variax -> VDI -> HD500 = Red blinking lights on BOTH knobs (model and tuning), and
6. Charge battery to FULL, then Variax -> VDI + 1/4 cable -> Variax USB Interface -> PC = Red blinking lights on BOTH knobs (model and tuning)
So far, nothing at all... Which is weird because 3 days ago it worked both ways (VDI to HD500 or just 1/4 cable straight to amp).
PS: Gonna try a regular RJ-45 cable. Will get back to u in a second
Currently Being ModeratedMay 29, 2012 9:55 AM (in response to EnzoHeavenly)Re: JTV-59: Red blinking lights - No sound at all
Try pushing BOTH the Model & Alt Tuning knobs IN at the same time. Using battery or VDI - doesn't matter which for the purpose of this test. But you do have to have proper power into your guitar.
Tell me what happens if anything changes.
I'll make a follow-up suggestion based on your result.
I also suggest you read pages 11 through 13 of this users guide you should have gotten with your guitar.
Whether you did it on purpose or somehow it happen on it's own, perhaps this is what you are experiencing, which is what I've been suggesting in my posts.
Currently Being ModeratedMay 30, 2012 2:41 PM (in response to MerlinFL)Re: JTV-59: Red blinking lights - No sound at all
Seems like the Model Knob was STUCK (suggestion by the Support Desk), which explains it. I reinstalled latest firmware just in case (after all, I'm not using Workbench at all), and so far... the knob is ok. They told me to remove the knob, which I won't... Gonna let my Luthier do that
Thanks for the advice Merlin, I had read that part of the manual, but never assumed the knob could be stuck, haha.
Thanks for everything guys
This reply has been hidden. This can happen if the message has been hidden by a moderator, or has been reported as abusive.
Currently Being ModeratedMay 31, 2012 1:59 PM (in response to MerlinFL)Re: JTV-59: Red blinking lights - No sound at all
o.O I didn't know u were trying to get 'points'. I DID press both knobs several times but NOTHING happened. Hugo told me to remove the knob thru the support ticket system, before he actually replied here... That's the difference.
And I find silly that you complain about me giving him the 'correct answer' rating, I mean... really? Ain't u old enough for this kind of non-sense? o.O
I gave it to him, cos the knob was stuck. Period.
*sigh* And again, thanks for your help. I DO appreciate it.
Currently Being ModeratedMay 31, 2012 2:22 PM (in response to EnzoHeavenly)Re: JTV-59: Red blinking lights - No sound at all
Sorry to make you sigh - and you're welcome.
- Sorry I didn't know that after I suggested contacting tech and gave you the link to the manual pages that talked about the blinking lights,
- sorry I complained about your point rationing to someone who doesn't care about points.
- I'm sorry you have no idea that it really bugs me that Line 6 created this silly point system as it is not the best indicator of who has the most in-depth product knowledge.
- I'm most sorry that I suggested "pushing both knobs" instead of thinking one could be stuck (sigh).
- And after having the guitar since Mid-March, you didn't think to check the knobs besides turning them? Since you have a JTV-59, you know you must push in the Alt tuning knob to get to positions 2-3-4 on the guitar, why not try pushing or pulling the model knob while you're stuck with a non-functional guitar?
- Following the chain of events here and not being omniscient, I did think you're point assignment unfair. Now you've cleared it up - thanks. And I'm still very glad you're JTV-59 is working again.
I'll go sit in the corner and suck on my thumb before trying to help another JTV owner as I am way too old for this kinda nonsense.
--Big heavy sigh w/eyes rolling--
Currently Being ModeratedMay 30, 2012 2:42 PM (in response to EnzoHeavenly)Re: JTV-59: Red blinking lights - No sound at all
Can you check if the Model Select knob is stuck in the 'pressed in' position?
What you describe sounds like the old Factory Reset procedure in firmware versions BEFORE 1.81 where you hold down the Model Select knob as you power on the JTV by plugging in a 1/4" or VDI cable.
Try removing the Model Select knob from the encoder and check to see if it is stuck in the 'pressed in' position. If so, does anything change when you pull it out?