Currently Being ModeratedMar 8, 2011 2:40 AM (in response to kimmokarkkainen)Re: POD X3 Pro Library Error, Tone transfer failed, Reason: (code 8000900C)
I am having a similar problem
Found this post from oleus this morning but have not had the chance to try
oleus had to downgrade monkey and drivers for x3 to work on a mac
Let me know how you get on and I'll do the same (i will be downgrading later today).
Currently Being ModeratedMar 11, 2011 12:10 PM (in response to pablo_fitzyg)Re: POD X3 Pro Library Error, Tone transfer failed, Reason: (code 8000900C)
Did you have a chance to try downgrading yet? Did it help? I haven't had a chance to try it myself.
What I did was replace the USB cable between Mac and POD with another one of presumably higher quality. This was suggested in one of the other threads.
I only launched the app twice since, so, no conclusive results yet. I'll let you know after some more testing.
I'm wondering, is Line6 support going to participate or is this just their customers trying to help out one another? It seems to me this failure is not isolated but some refer to it as "infamous" already.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 15, 2011 3:26 PM (in response to kimmokarkkainen)Re: RE: POD X3 Pro Library Error, Tone transfer failed, Reason: (code 8000900C)
Thanks for submitting the crash log. Looking at the end of the document, I noticed that you appear to be using a USB Hub to expand the number of ports on this Mac. It also appears that you've got a Fast Track Pro connected (at the time of problem). Is this true?
If so, please try all available direct ports (not through a USB Hub) on the Mac itself with your X3 Live and launch GearBox. Does the issue still continue?
Hubs have caused connectivity issues with our USB audio devices; they are not supported connection methods for Line 6 USB devices, unfortunately. Sounds like that could be the cause of what you're experiencing. Let us know.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 17, 2011 3:05 AM (in response to Kneehow)Re: RE: POD X3 Pro Library Error, Tone transfer failed, Reason: (code 8000900C)
Hello Perry, thanks for your reply!
I've been conscientious about that. The X3 Pro is connected directly to USB port on the Mac itself. So is the Fast Track Pro. Third direct USB has external drive.
In the fourth there is a USB hub sharing a MIDI keyboard and USB memory sticks.
This equipment is essential because I'm using the Mac as a digital audio workstation: recording, editing, playback of guitars, vocal mics and digital instruments.
Currently Being ModeratedMar 28, 2011 1:06 PM (in response to kimmokarkkainen)Re: RE: POD X3 Pro Library Error, Tone transfer failed, Reason: (code 8000900C)
I've now used my POD X3 Pro for several weeks without the tone transfer failure.
So, I can conclude the reason was defective or sub-standard USB cable between my POD and iMac. Or maybe it was too long. I had to move the rack closer to the computer but now that I use the USB cable shipped with the product I'm experiencing no failures.
Many thanks for pfitzyg and Perry for help!
Currently Being ModeratedJun 30, 2012 12:39 PM (in response to kimmokarkkainen)Re: POD X3 Pro Library Error, Tone transfer failed, Reason: (code 8000900C)
I just buy POD 3X LIVE; and had same error.
The cause is the USB cable; too long, try with a shorter cable, avoid to use USB cable not straight
(like a cable with a condenser or battery near the computer connection).
I changed the USB cable; and it's solved this problem.
Currently Being ModeratedDec 31, 2012 7:39 AM (in response to kimmokarkkainen)Re: POD X3 Pro Library Error, Tone transfer failed, Reason: (code 8000900C)
I had the same problem recently - when starting GearBox, using my POD X3 Live I would receive the following error:
POD X3 Library Error
Tone transfer failed
Reason: (code 8000900C) MIDI device timed out waiting for a response
This started several weeks ago - around the time I updated drivers through Line 6 Monkey. My drivers updated to version 220.127.116.11. Then I started seeing the error above - randomly at first, then, recently it was constant. To begin with, I would unplug the USB cable, power cycle the POD X3, restart the computer - any combination of these actions. But starting 2 days ago, nothing worked. I loaded Monkey, GearBox, and the new drivers on another laptop and had the same issue. During this time, the POD seemed to work fine.
I use a Dell laptop running Windows 7 (all patches are up-to-date). The POD X3 Live has USB Firmware v 1.02 and Flash Memory 2.01 (both currentl).
What appears to have resolved the issue was to 1) Uninstall GearBox (looking back, I probably didn't have to do this), 2) Uninstall the Drivers, and 3) reboot the computer. I then downloaded and installed GearBox version 3.72 (3/16/2010) - I allowed it to load drivers for the POD X3 Live - version 18.104.22.168. So far, so good - no errors!
Maybe someone from Line 6 support can respond if this is a known error. I've seen recommendations in other discussion groups from Line6 folks to take the POD to an Authorized dealer for repair. Maybe that was warranted, maybe not. A little "divide and conqure" troubleshooting helped me locate the error. I know companies don't like to admit when they release bad code, but a little confession with good directions will go along way for us users to avoid frustrations and doubts about the product.
Hope this helps someone else...