123 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2012 6:34 AM by gertjan4000
I've had my POD HD (Bean version) for a couple of months now and it's great... or at least it was.
A couple of weeks ago I tried to use my POD on my Marshall 8240 Valvestate combo. I played around with the output settings, Drive, Bass, Middle etc., but couldn't get a decent sound and gave up (at that point I decided to go for a FRFR active speaker set up, but that's not important right now).
So, I set everything back to it's original settings, played one last time through my headphones and the sound was just as good as it always was.
The next day I played again through my headphones and the sound was horrible. So I checked if all the settings were how they are supposed to, if cables weren't properly inserted and found nothing wrong. I tried everything I could think of, but nothing works.
1. Every pre-installed patch sounds pretty much the same right now: a low growling medium gain sound, like when you have a amp put in on "crunch" and put all dials on zero. When I open POD HD Edit, the sound immediatly changes a bit, but it's basically still the same sound.
2. When POD HD Edit is opened about half the effects on all patches are suddenly turned off. Turning them all on improves the sound greatly (more clarity, more distinction between patches), but it still feels like there is something missing.
3. The dials (Drive, Bass, Middle etc.) do little to nothing to change the sound. That goes for the dials on de POD HD itself aswell as the dials in POD HD Edit. (Master and volume still works though)
4. The volume difference between all patches is huge now. I know the different patches have a different loudness to them, but now I can go from one patch blowing me off wy feet because it's so loud to not being able to hear the next one and having to crank up the volume te be able to hear it.
5. I made this one patch myself, a very simple one with a treadplate preamp, cabinet, microphone and noise gate for a 90's metal sound and to me it sounded great before the problem. Now it has the same tone as described under point 1. But I also noticed that the noise gate is suddenly killing the sustain like immediately, you strum, bam! sound is dead.
So, anyone know what the problem is?