Currently Being ModeratedOct 21, 2012 10:58 AM (in response to Mk357)Re: HD500 Power Supply Issues with EffectsSnake
No solution for you, but I am considering buying an HD 500 and have not only the concern of the power supply, but all the other cable runs...
Here's my thread I created last night: http://line6.com/support/thread/88753
No responses yet
Here is the gist of it:
...This would be for a medium size stage (15' max between me and my rig) - I dunno what I'd do on a bigger stage?
Cable runs back and forth:
- The HD500 needs power (YOUR QUESTION) Power Cable =1
- Wireless unit in my rack Only thing I can think of is run a 20' cable from the out of the wireless to the IN on the HD500. 20' Cable #1
- HD500 Send to Return of my rack 20' Cable #2
- Send from my rack to Return of HD500 20' Cable #3
- 1/4" HD500 Right out to power amp Right 20' Cable #4
- 1/4" HD500 Left out to power amp Left 20' Cable #5
Then there's the control cable... 7 cables total!! I can image quite a bit of signal loss over those length runs.
I'd run the XLR outs (L and R) straight to the board, but I'm not worried about those cause they'll go to the snake
Your idea of building a snake is a great one, but I'm really surprised that running the power cable along with signal cables doesn't create any sort of buzz? Have you come up with a solution since your post in May?
I'm thinking I have one or two options, both of which I don't like. 1) move a stripped down version of my rack next o the pedalboard, but that would be SOOO stupid looking. 2) forget about the rest of my rack and just use the HD500. The idea behind getting an HD500 in the first place was to avoid dragging around S***tons of gear.
Still got the issue of the wireless though, do you use one and how do you deal with that cable run?