Hello Line 6 communtiy,
So I will describe best what my current issue is and what I have tried so far.
I am trying to set up my UX2 to be my default audio output for my mac and I just seem to be going round in circles in terms of getting it working for like 20 seconds, then trying to fix it again for 20 minutes. Right now I am on OSX 10.8.2 with the Line 6 monkey and license software installed.
Here is the order of how things happen:
1. Log onto line 6 monkey and download audio drivers
2. Mac restarts
3. Re-log back onto line 6 monkey to check drivers and firmware update
4. Music plays through my speakers connected to UX2 via analog outs
5. 20 seconds later, I hear a large pop sound and the UX2 cuts out completely
6. I re-plug in the USB cable, and the UX2 is flashing red lights at me as if I have installed no audio drivers
7. Go back up to point 1
Now I can't quite figure out what is going on, when I connected the UX2 to my PC, it picked everything up fine. I was able to set the UX2 as my default audio output and that was it, dead simple. Now when I use the Mac I keep going to point 6 then ending up back at square one.
I doubt it is my monitors as I have literally just purchased them, same as the balanced cables I am using to connect them. I aslo tried using a different USB cable to connect the UX2 to my Mac and the same problem occurs. I have also adjusted my buffer rate to see if that helps and nothing changes. I have also had a look through the troubleshooting threads sticked and nothing quite accurately describes my problem.
If anyone can shed some light on this issue I will be most appreciative.
Nevermind, figured this is the issue that everyone else has been having, I'll pop this down as answered and people can ignore this post.