Currently Being ModeratedJan 5, 2011 3:26 PM (in response to chenderson1965)RE: FBV Express silences Spider Jam when plugged in
At this point, it's safe to say the issue is with your FBV Express. There are no "resets" for those controller, unfortunately. The only thing you can check as a user are the pins on the connector jack: if you notice any of them bent, straighten them and make sure the jack is free of debris.
Beyond that, there's not much else that we can advise you on. If you're within the warranty period (US is one year from the date of purchase on a new unit, but I know this is different in the UK and other EU nations), please contact Line 6 UK:
4 Sopwith Way
Drayton Fields Industrial Estates
0044 1327 302 700 (phone)
Currently Being ModeratedSep 12, 2011 7:24 PM (in response to chenderson1965)Re: FBV Express silences Spider Jam when plugged in
I had the EXACT same problem. I did a calibration on the FBV Express and then everything started working again.
From Line 6's own docs:
1) Unplug the RJ45 cable from your FBV EXPRESS
2) Move the expression pedal all the way to the toe down position
3) Hold down the A and D switches
4) Plug in your RJ45 with the switches still depressed and hold this for 10 seconds (you will see
the LED go blank)
5) Move the expression pedal to the heel position and then all the way forward to the toe.
6) Shift all of your weight to the toe position (you will want to stand up) until the WAH light
7) Wait 10 seconds and click back to VOL. Your FBV EXPRESS is now calibrated.