4 replies to this topic

#1 jackel411

jackel411

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:14 PM

I'm running my x3 live [direct out] to 2 seperate pa amps at once.[2500 watts each] one for right , one for left channel. Each side pushing about 1600 watts. works great!

Q: I'm having trouble getting a mic to work. I've plugged the xlr [from the mic]  into the back of the x3 live, but I don't think i have the output set right. Any help for that?

#2 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11512 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

Perhaps it's the input setting. Make sure that MIC is selected as the input for either Tone1 or Tone2, and adjust the input trim setting until you get a clear input signal. The input trim setting is a little black knob beside the mic XLR input on the rear panel of the X3L.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#3 jackel411

jackel411

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:24 PM

that sound right. Mind telling me how to go about doing that? It would have to be for tone 2, as all the patches are in tone 1.

sure would appreciate it. :)

#4 Brazzy

Brazzy

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 05:32 PM

that sound right. Mind telling me how to go about doing that? It would have to be for tone 2, as all the patches are in tone 1.

sure would appreciate it. :)

Check out the sections in the Inputs button settings and see what options you have.  I don't see an option in this part of the manual for a mic. Strange.

Page 77 in the manual

I have the X3 Pro, it has 2 mic inputs in, my case I have to select tone 2 and Mic 2.

Edited by Brazzy, 24 June 2014 - 05:11 AM.

I mostly play at home  and am always having fun learning how to play guitar so when I post a reply to try and help give ideas you know where I'm coming from. Rock-On!! Oh, and if I don't respond promptly I'm probably playing guitar or my computer locked up from multitasking 'cause I'm using Gear Box, HD500 Edit, Audacity and tab filled browsers all at the same time, Hahahaaaa. Surprisingly enough my 'puter handles the load more times than not. Lastly I'm not a salesman, I'm not trying to sell anyone anything here. "Riffcasts Riffworld" "RiffRumble Entry" "Shifftie" "M.O.S.U.A Two" "Bass Catszz" "Blasted Runtime Error I" "Match 30" "SoundCloud Playlist" "And Ya Know It"

DT50_and_DT9901.pngStrat_X3Pro.pngBerm.pngThe_Arsenal.png

#5 TheRealZap

TheRealZap

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 15720 posts
  • LocationClemmons, NC USA

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:33 AM

keep in mind... it must be a dynamic microphone and not a condenser, as there is no phantom power...

and also.. the trim can be VERY touchy... so turn that all the way up while you are trying to get it going and then back it off slightly once you have sound to get to the appropriate level.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users