Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connections for Mixing/Alternating Magnetic Pickups w/Models

I am new to the Variax, but experienced with the HD500, through which I send my guitar signal to the sound board.  I like using my JTV-59 with the P90s, and the most practical immediate use of the guitar's modeling technology is to call up the acoustic/banjo/resonator models for specific songs or sections of a song.  I assume that to alternate between the magnetic pickups and the other modeled instruments, I should connect BOTH the analog 1/4 cable, AND the Variax Digital cable.  Is that correct?  Then I need to select the appropriate 'Input' (Guitar or Variax) within the HD500 patch.  Thank you for any responses!

Actually most simply use one VDI cable - the "normal mag PU's (P-90's) signal on your JTV-59P will be sent down the VDI Ethercon cable , then you create specific HD500 patches which assign the desired input. 

Read the Advanced Guide for HD500 for details.

http://line6.com/data/6/0a06434dc1a55085c5d6532bf/application/pdf/POD%20HD500%20Advanced%20Guide%20v2.10%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

• Upvote 1