Hey guys I want to know a few things so bear with me if things go over your head.
1) can I run this head with just one output jack connected to a modded spider 4x12 that i customized to work in just 16 ohm mono operation? I read somewhere that both jacks need to be connected or the amp can blow if you crank it like this...?
2) I've been cranking this baby with 2 identically modded 16 ohm mono spider cabs will I eventually cause my amp to blow?
3) should I return my cabs to their 4 ohm mono/8 ohm stereo op? Could I remod to remain 8 ohm stereo but with a 16 ohm mono op? I just wanted to use all speakers for the sake of having a full range (jsyk not to be mistaken as frfr) tone through all speakers rather than just two speakers per side. Have I made a mistake?
3) has anyone else just used the CD/Mp3 input for the sole use of the power amp section...? I'm running a laptop w/ cockos reaper and a external usb pre amp outing to the mp3 input jack in stereo with backing tracks + amp modeing into the rig to get my desired result. What are your thoughts on this?
4) line 6 really needs to consider adding more speaker configurations, Poweramp in, and speaker cab mute switch (why mute the speaker when using the di through the amp.. wtf) to their next spider series if they still plan on selling these series later on in the future. *more of an opinion*