Couple thoughts -
GT1000 - though there's bluetooth connectivity - it's limited to just modifying patch settings/signal chains. There's no audio interface through bluetooth - am i right? So this is pointless!
The only issue with the USB cable is - my PC needs to be somewhere close to my helix (or a really long ugly cable running across my room - not a great idea!) and that's not close to where my desktop sits!
Here's my version 2 of this workaround setup -
- My 10" surface 3 connects to my Helix, sitting right above the helix!
- Turned on "Projecting to this PC" on my desktop which has a larger screen/keyboard mouse
- Use "Connect to wireless display" from my surface 3 to connect to my desktop
- EDIT: Found Splashtop Personal remote desktop solution to be far more reliable and faster
- Added a 3.5mm to Bluetooth transmitter to my Helix headphones out jack (using a 1/4" to 3.5mm adaptor). Connected my Bose QC35 II over bluetooth
- My guitar connects using a line 6 g10
This way i can use my desktop to do patch edits on a larger screen wirelessly...i can also use my DAW on my desktop - with the audio routing to my wireless bluetooth headphones directly from the helix with almost no audio lag!
Not the cleanest setup - but works!