Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Database for Signal Chains

locknutmonster84

It seems to me that the key to nailing the tone of any famous player, is duplicating the the signal chain and amp combo by that player. I'm sure this isn't a great revelation to any of the forum users here. But, can anyone recommend a web site to that has a collection of famous / favorite players actual signal flow and amps. I checked UBERPROAUDIO/whoplayswhat.com, and while the list is indeed detailed, it just lists EVERYTHING the artist has used throughout their whole career. For some lucky guitarists, this is a LOT of gear (in no specific order). I found some info on youtube about someone who built a custom pedalboard and stereo amp rig that duplicated Alex Lifeson (RUSH) rig from his 'Moving Pictures' era. I followed it pedal by pedal thru the entire signal chain and had amazing results. I think this type of 'era specific' signal flow chart would be more helpful that just everything the guitarist has used over the years. Any ideas? 

Guitargeek was pretty cool Wicker Man...I just wish it was organized as well as uberproaudio. I found rigs in three or four different areas (guitar rigs, guitar archives,vulgar rigs(?)), and none were in any order at all (other than the most searched 100 gigs) It was good to see the old illustrated 'rig rundown' format used by Guitar World magazine for years on the final page. Thanks.