Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HELP! Cannot upgrade firmware to get Android remote app support

stevesavini

Just got my Amplifi 75 for christmas.  Have to upload firmware for Android app support, but can't update the firmware. Followed all the crappy directions as best I could (with notes at top saying the procedure is out of order???). Utility installed on Win7 laptop, but getting "device driver failed to install" when plugging in USB. Utility keeps saying device not connected; retry connection button does nothing. Device isn't recognized when plugged into Win7 laptop. Can't upgrade firmware, so can't use remote app with Android. Tried uninstalling, reinstalling. Tried holding Tone and Tap buttons on startup.Now what?

• Downvote 1

Think I finally got it working. I had to do the exact OPPOSITE of what the instructions said. The instructions say NOT to connect the USB before/during utility install. Tried that about 4 times, with uninstall/reboots between each one. So, I tried connecting the USB first, then running the Utility installer. This finally worked and I was able to upgrade the firmware. Another Note: the online guide says something about going into Update Mode. In my case, I turned on the amp normally, and connected USB. Ran the utility instlaler. Then lauched the utiltiy. It recognized the connection this time. I started the firmware upgrade. It then walked me through turning off the amp and turning on with Tone and Tap buttons pressed for Update Mode. Then it went through the download/install of the firmware update. At the end, it tells you to do the factory reset. Doesn't really indicate whether to keep the amp connected via USB or not. I disconnected USB, powered amp down, and powered up with Tone and Master Volume knob pressed for factory reset.

Then went onto Android device and tried connecting via Bluetooth. Keeps losing connectivity with messages:

AMPLIFI reconnect

Lost data connection

Reconnecting and reading the prest from Unknown

In settings, AMPLIFI shows as "syncing ...."

But, then it finally stuck after a couple of cycles of powering down and restarting bluetooth connection and it shows as connected. But, it still keeps losing connection. My device is sitting on top of the amp! C'mon man. Not impressed so far. This thing may be going back if this is normal operation.

I had similar issues:

Before upgrading the firmware, my Android would connect via Bluetooth to the AMP75, but when trying to load/find tones i would get "token invalid". After spending ages trying to figure out how to upgrade firmware (done in the end using an iPad), i cannot connect my Android to the AMP75 via Bluetooth.

Not happy thus far if not working in a week or so i will be taking this back and getting a different AMP. 

• 3 weeks later...

I got my 75 a few days ago and updated the firmware today. Seemed successfull, but I get the same "reconnect" issue every few seconds, it never really connects. Funny thing is the very first time I connected after the update it worked fine. Then I turned the amp off, and when I came back to it, nothing. Hasn't worked since. Can't understand what the problem is, it worked once, so why not now?