Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD XT Pro - Is it worth keeping?

Happy New Year

As a Pod user for many a year - I have had a number of different models. Last October I pulled the trigger on a new Pod HD Pro X and removed my trusty Pod XT Pro from the rack and stuck it in the back room for a future sale

However - over this Xmas break - I finally got back into the "back room" and found the XT...and got to thinking - is it even worth it to sell it? Here in Calgary I would guess that I might get 200 bucks if I am lucky and in the case - it may be better to just keep it.

Thoughts? Anyone out there have both and use them both?

Cheers,

VP

FWIW I still really enjoy the XT/X3 models and still have an XT Pro stuffed in a rack case. The HD series is sweet (HD500 and a Desktop) but it is nice to fire up the XT if only for the metal pack. I still love the Big Bottom model on it and IMO it still sounds great. I was sitting on the fence for a while too but just said f-it - I'll keep both.

-B

It's probably better to keep it, especially if you have pod farm licenses or model packs associated with it...

200$ would be top of the mark if you try to sell it....

technology just doesn't keep value like save guitars, etc...

• 3 weeks later...

The model packs are worth every penny as it will expand the XT to a (single chain) X3. You can use the packs with PodFarm and XT Live etc. The license manager will keep any torrented packs (if that is even possible) off the XT.

That said the XT can do much without them.

-B