Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How do I save one of the Variax guitar types or a tuning with a HD Pro preset?

I want to be able to leave the various guitar presets on the Variax alone (Strat, Lester, etc.) and simply change a preset on my HD Pro and have it change the guitar type at the same time. Anyone know how to do this?

How do I save a tuning with the preset as well? Same process?

Thanks so much! Kevin

Hi Kevin

First of all you must be hooked up the Variax to the Pod via a VDI cable so the JTV can transmit the digital signal to the POD. Assuming you have done that

• open up HD Edit on your desktop and click the mixer tab.
  • you will see the Variax section on this screen. Select your Variax model from the 'VDI input' drop down and your preference for the functions of the knobs on the guitar using the 'Variax control' drop down.
  • you should see options for the various Variax models appear and, underneath, the tuning options. Just choose which you want, hit 'send' as you would with any other patch and you're good to go.

Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

Just now seeing this again. I know, I do deserve a Christmas card, huh? l'm blessed to have an American-made Tyler Variax too so we know they could afford it. 

Thanks for the help, Zaphodboy! Onward and upward!

Kevin