Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 does not recognise my POD HD Desktop

bushrat53

Ok so I bought this new a couple of days ago downloaded the drivers from line 6 monkey everything running as it should, just tried downloading a couple of patches from the line 6 share tone group seemed to work shut my POD HD off and when I switched it on again it does not load up as normal all I get is a flashing line6 logo, went to line6 monkey and it does not see or find my device.............can anyone help please thanks

Try doing a global reset by holding the left arrow while powering on. Make sure to put back however you had all the system menu settings after that.

You might also then have to recalibrate the pedal by holding the right arrow while powering on.

Thankyou Duncann for your reply, tried what you say but made no difference, apart from the line 6 logo which flashes once every 6 seconds or so there appears to be no life in this unit, line6 monkey keeps saying it cannot  find the device and keeps on referring to it as Bass Pod xt which of course it isn't, when I bring up the edit software on my pc screen is too does not see my device, it was running ok this morning up until I tried downloading some customtones............

Sounds like a possibly corrupt patch. Happened to mine before.

One last thing you could try:

Unplug everything from the unit, then with the unit turned off, hold down the left arrow while turning on the unit. I've read of some people having luck doing this (unplugging everything first) with the flashing line 6 logo problem.

There could also be some other key presses or combinations to try while turning the unit on, however the only other one that's documented is holding the right arrow while turning on. If there are others, it's possible they could bring some sign of life to the device, but the function of an unknown keypress would be, well, unknown.

If that doesn't work, the device would most likely need some sort of servicing.

Thanks hub but I have registered this online with line6, I did it all by the book and it was working fine, right up until I downloaded a tone from customtones then it just stopped so I am guessing it might have been a corrupted  tone or patch.......what do I do now I only just got it on Friday ' new'.........not very happy I must say

Thanks Charlie-watt but I have tried to that but it won't let me do anything.....I have unplugged it all then powered it up and plugged in the USB cable and the funny thing is I don't even get the little message on my pc screen saying' searching for drivers' it just is not detectable and like a say this is brand new so I think I will be sending it back and not be buying another one of these............

Well, at least it's new so you don't have to go through the hassle of warranty or other repair.

I know stuff like this leaves a bad taste, but if you're looking for a device comparable in price that has the flexibility the pod has, nothing else comes close. Other devices in this class may sound similar, or maybe even better in some cases, but lack many of features the pod has. To name a couple bigger ones, dual paths and movable FX blocks.

There is a new device called Amplifire (not Line 6's Amplifi), that looks and sounds interesting. A little more expensive than the pod. It'll probably be out sometime this year if I had to guess.