Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

what are system requirements for L6 monkey using a mac and a variax?

Hello friends.   I have several questions if anyone can answer one or more I would be thankful.

I am thinking seriously of buying a variax guitar and I am having trouble finding some info.

I see many people are having software issues, so I need some answers before I take the leap.

1.   I want to load the new L6 monkey version onto my mac book pro running OS X version 10.6.8.

When I check the link on the software install page there is an error on the line 6 web page.

I am hesitant to install not knowing system requirements;  especially since monkey has worked

fine with my gear so far.

2. Does the modelling work thru a regular amp, not a D25 or D50s etc. ie.  Just a 1/4 inch cable?

I thought I saw a guy on you tube just  just the guitar cable.

3.  will it work without the pod hd 500.

4.  I have a pod hd 400 is there any functionality with this and the variax thru the line 6 link port.

I would like to use if (if I could) with my present set up,which is modest.

A pod Hd 400, A fender superchamp x2 head, with a home made cabinet housing a 12 inch Celestion G12 vintage 30 speaker. 

The amp is a hybrid tube amp.  It has amp modelling,  A 12ax7 and 2 power amp tubes.  18 watts 

I am a very avid player but not a pro.  Also Heavy amps are out after back surgury.

Question 1: Can't help on that one

Question 2: Yes

Question 3: If by "it" you mean a Variax then Yes

Question 4: L6 Link is for hooking up the pod to a DT or L series amp &/or speaker

Question 5: Yes, if you use a 1/4". If you plan to use the VDI, then No.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your help Tbpneous. I really appreciate you taking time to answer my questions.

Looks like it will work fine for me without the fancy amp and pod hd500.

I still need to sort out the software issue as the workbench software seems very nice indeed!

Thanks for your help Tbpneous. I really appreciate you taking time to answer my questions.

Looks like it will work fine for me without the fancy amp and pod hd500.

I still need to sort out the software issue as the workbench software seems very nice indeed!

No worries! I had my JTV for a while before I took the plunge into the whole Dream Rig. It's well worth it! Your JTV takes on a new life as apart of the HD and DT.

Take care

T