Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

XT Pod Live adds noise when I use high gain channel?

Hello:

Am I doing something wrong?

OK so I have checked all my cables and all that kind of stuff but here is the deal.  When I use my Marshall stack I have zero noise on clean or high gain.  When I run it through my line 6 XT Pod on clean I'm usually good but if I use the high gain I get a ton of noise. . . If I turn off the AMP and use just my Marshall it's the same thing.

I have turned down my level input on the XT and still nothing. . . again if I don't use the high gain on the Marshall and just leave it on clean I'm for the most part fine.  I love the tones I get out of the XT but there are times that I want the natural sound of my Marshall head and this is where it becomes an issue.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks to all in advance who respond

Don

Since I can't hear the noise I can't say for sure, but it is probably normal.

Most high gain amps have a hiss/white noise when nothing is played.

You can tame it by enabling the noise gate.

Are you going into the front of your amp or an FX Rteurn?

Hmmm? that is unfortunate actually and it's a real pain to have to unplug the Pod just to get a nice noise free sound from my head.

Just odd because with the XT AMP off (so in bypass to my stack) and my Channel 2 OD ON I get the noise.  And only when I add the XT to the line up.

Somehow I think I'll be going back to pedals lol

Hmmm? . . Well the entire thing stack, head and Pod are all plugged into the same power bar so not sure as nothing else is in the chair . . guess the Pod just doesn't like when I don't use all the great heads and cabs it offers.  So it's purposely adding noise so I'll use it and not go direct into my stack lol