Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider lV 75 power on issue

I just applied the firmware update and it was successful.  While I was doing something else, I saw the amp turn off.  I flipped the toggle and it won't power on.  I switched power cords and outlets and still no power.  Is there anything like a discharge for the amp?  I'm totally perplexed.  I tried a reset with A and power on  just on a whim.  No power at all.  BTW the fuse is working correctly.

This sucks.

This happened to me last week, it just shut off, 

I unplugged it from the outlet, and the next day it started working again.

you will have this issue all the time, once it starts, it will happen again and again until it's fixed.

this is caused by outsourcing the work, and having no quality control.

this problem should have been resolved with the 1st batch of amps.

but as long as the amp last past it's warranty, they don't care.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

The Spider IV 75 was great when it worked. A year after I got mine, I installed a newer version of the firmware. It started randomly turning off and restarting while I was playing. The intervals between turning off grew closer together. Finally, it quit turning on altogether. Line 6 support was of no help. My amp has been an expensive cinder block for a decade now. Yes, I'm still bitter.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 10:44 PM, DragonTech said:

The Spider IV 75 was great when it worked. A year after I got mine, I installed a newer version of the firmware. It started randomly turning off and restarting while I was playing. The intervals between turning off grew closer together. Finally, it quit turning on altogether. Line 6 support was of no help. My amp has been an expensive cinder block for a decade now. Yes, I'm still bitter.

Evidently!  Yet you never came to these forums before to look for a solution?  Did you ever create a support ticket?

I've been to these forums many times in the past. I'm just back again because I wanted to mess around on my electric the other day, hoping there might have been a development here. I did create a support ticket. Looking back at my support tickets, apparently I get the itch to play guitar once every three years. Haha

Ok, but you never posted here until now.

Did you get any replies on your support ticket after first starting one?  Did you follow up?  I imagine the first step after that would be to take the amp to a Line 6 authorized repair center.