Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M13 change from scene mode back to stompbox mode

raiklei

Hallo, i have the following problem. I just got a M13 and in the stompbox mode I assigned 12 different stompbox models to the different memories of the FX Units e.g. FX Unit 1C = Wah Wah, 1A = Compressor etc. They work fine and sound good. Now I've tried to work with the scenes function in the momentary scenes mode. I pick a scene, by pressing the scenes button and select any of the 12 scenes. But how do I end this function, without overwriting the 12 stompbox models, that I have assigned before? Every time after I have selected a scene, all the stompbox models have changed. FX Unit 1C is not WAH, 1A is not Compressor any more. But I want to keep these. What do I do wrong?

I'm not sure I understand your question, but it look like you might be misunderstanding the way Line 6 is using the term "scenes". It doesn't use necessarily in the same sense that some other manufacturers do. It's better to think of the scenes on the M13 as presets. In each scene, you can put whatever effects you want in any of the 12 slots. If you save that scene, those effects will be there with whatever settings and in whatever on/off state you saved the scene with. If you go to another scene, though, the 12 effects will be different. The arrangement is unique that scene. If you want to have two scenes with the same effects but with different settings for those effects, you'd have to copy and paste that scene per the instructions in the manual.

Thank you first of all. Yes; I understood that the scenes are presets and that I can put up to 4 effects in one scene. But I thought, that the M13 has two different operaion modes: a stompbox mode and a scene mode. In the stompbox mode you can assign one stompbox effect to each of the 12 slots and you can use 4 at the same time, one from each FX Unit. I've worked with this function so far. Foe example I assigned the Wah Wah to 1A, Compressor to 1B etc, all 12 slots.

If I press the scenes button now, the M13 shows the names of the 12 scenes and I can choose one. If I want another one I press the scenes button again and pick another one (momentary scenes mode). Works fine. But there seems to be no way to get back to the point, where I had my 12 effects assigned to the slots. In other words, I can't stop the scene mode and returen to the stompbox mode. I hope you understood my problem, because my English is not that perfect.

I think I've found the solution. If I start the scene mode and pick the third scene above FX Unit one called 'MY SCRATCHPAD SCENE' all the pedals have the effect again, I assigned to them before in the first place.