Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk......Same old nothing.

jerrysfirehawk

Just wanted to thank Line 6 for the same old nothing.   Firehawk.....lets see,   Not bad execution, but means nothing if it sounds like crap.  I tried it through amps, through the PA.   Same old buzzy amp models, with L6 just modifying a million parameters per model to change the buzzy, noisy amp models and give them fictitious names to supposedly match real work equipment.  Spent 6 years developing and tweaking......seriously??  lol

There's a dozen transistor based non-tube amps on the market as there have been for years that blow away L6 sounds.  HD and now HX in the Helix.....seriously.   lol

And after hearing this,  one should even consider dropping 1500 on a Helix......fat chance.   

Does anyone except the NAMM players L6 hires actually play guitar, or specifically, guitar in a live environment?

List of FireHawk misses.........

Foot-switch levels to close in height.  

Sound....ugh, flat, buzzy, boring, noisy.

Price.....Way high for what you get.

Again....no 0-20 db global clean boost.  

No DT connection

Amp model should switch between clean and dirty. This should be done on the pedal #2 instead of overlaying a barely audible dirt box on top of an already buzzy amp model.

Fixed Compressor on Switch #1 is weak at best.  Why not add some good clean boost choices there since global boost seems to elude L6

Software limits effects positioning.  Probably since you can only make a buzzy sound so many ways....lol

Firehawk Kudos.......

Build quality seems okay

Control app works well.

Maybe L6 is just targeting kids?, not working musicians?   If that's the case they should let working musicians know so we quit wasting hours and money looking to simplify our rigs with L6 equipment, great in concept, terribly lacking in real world execution in my opinion.

Mines going back to GC ..........Done hoping.  Staying with stomp boxes. 

you do realize that only the hardware on FireHawk is new? all the models were from the previous L6 devices you apparently never liked anyway....

(more than likely tweaked for the new hardware platform the FireHawk presents....)

the Helix on the other hand... was designed from the ground up with new hardware new software and new models for everything....

FireHawk doesn't work for you.... well within your rights to take it back...

hopefully you'll find something that you like.... but your information/expectations weren't exactly correct here....

just saying...

Yeah, that, and, the Firehawk has it's own forum section. People may have be able to help there, lol. 

Hey, I have no FH experience, but I see the same complaints about the unit that I do own. Yet, I don't have those same issues.

My opinion is this --- if you can't get a decent sound out of the unit, that is your own fault. 

And just to toss this out there... 

I am a Grammy winner. Sure, they were pre-L6, but I am still at that level of play. I can't use Wal-Mart gear. I use Liine 6.