Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix in Mono for reamping

gnogtr

I'm working on a huge project with a band right now and I just got my Helix in.  I want to reamp all the parts if at all possible.  Right now I'm having to wait because of the El Capitan clicking and popping bug (it's BAD).  However, I do want to ask if it's at all possible to reamp in mono.  Everything I see is in stereo. Since the clean guitar track is mono why do I have to send it to the Helix in stereo?  When you plug your guitar in it's mono so it seems counter intutitive to me. And on that note I want to bring it back into Logic in mono.  Do I always have to bring it back in in stereo?  All the effects and amp are set up in mono since all I'm working with currently are just hard panned rhythm tracks so there should be no reason to output a mono chain in stereo.  Is this going to be avaliable in the future?

FYI L6, I also had the hard crash issue when turning the unit off while in a user defined patch.  I had to do the hard factory reset to get it to work.  I haven't had that crash again, but I did have another issue where I went to assign a reverb to a foot switch and the name wouldn't show up in the scribble strip.  When I rebooted that it caused all of the scribble strips to be blank.  The way I fixed it was by opening up the Helix app on the computer.  Quite odd...I am backing my user defined presets up constantly now in case I have another hard crash.