Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

AmplifiTT + Cubase LE8 + Mac = Asio problems

Hi,

Using Cubase LE Elements 8 (free with the amplify TT), I am having problems getting acceptable latency when not using cubase (i.e. LineIn 2) and I’m completely unable to record or control levels in cubase, when not using LineIn2 I cannot even hear sound.

I’m using the 2015 MacBook Air with 8Gig memory and 1/2 Tb SSHD. No speed issues using other equipment.

From what I can tell my Asio/Sound driver settings seem fine. 

Devices > Devices Setup > VST Audio System > [Amplifi TT] (Asio Driver)

Click on Amplify TT and in the list of I/O ports In is inactive L/R

Out is OK, set as active.

1. My first question is how do I get the setup to record Line In from the AmplifiTT using USB ? 
  2. As a separate but linked question, I use SONY MDR-10MBT bluetooth headphones, and whenever I bring these into the mix as default audio out, I seem to get additional problems with levels or latency. 

The headphones are great for recording, as I’m not tethered usually to the PC/Mac 

Thanks for reading this, really hope you can help, it's as frustrating as anything - the audio from the box is great.

Rich

Are you running El Captain?

There is currently a compatibility issue with El Captain and some of the other interfaces, not sure if it affects the TT.

Users are reporting the issue is resolved with the current OSX beta.

I'm not a Mac guy, but I'm pretty sure ASIO has nothing to do with Mac it's Core Audio, and the TT is a Core Audio compliant device.