mobomofo

Midi Clock Sync Firmware Update

Hey Line 6 guys. I am in the market for a new modeler, but I understand that the Helix cannot act as a midi slave to time the modulation and delay effects with my DAW or looper. Is there plans for this crucial setting to be included in firmware update any time soon?

the Helix rack will have "world clock" is that the same thing?

Word clock is not the same as time clock. Work clock syncs the digital audio samples of two devices. This to eliminate errors due to slight variations in sample rates between two devices.

Hey Line 6 guys. I am in the market for a new modeler, but I understand that the Helix cannot act as a midi slave to time the modulation and delay effects with my DAW or looper. Is there plans for this crucial setting to be included in firmware update any time soon?

It's on Ideascale now. Vote it up!

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/midi-clock-sync-quantizing-loops-looper-sync-to-external/740452-23508

I know it mentions quantizing the looper but, midi clock sync is part of it...

Thanks for the replies guys....still I was hoping for Line 6 to chime in here. Not gonna fork over 2 grand Canadian till I get a definative answer.

Guess I will be buying an Axe FXII XL. At least they have the functions I desire in place and answer your questions in their forum. Primo price but primo gear.