Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I recording two videos, show the latency difference between Firehawk and Boss GT-8

oddbeck

Hi!

The latency when switching presets in the Firehawk is still something that buggers the hell outta me... I've got the latest 1.20 version, but compared to my old Boss GT-8 (from 2005), the Firehawk is much slower.

Here are the two videos. I even made the Firehawk patches copies of the first hoping that this would make it switch faster, to no avail.

The Boss GT-8 has different settings and effects on each preset as it has almost no latency while switching presets anyway.

And no comments regarding the sound, they are placed 4 feet apart and this affects the recorded camera sound.

Firehawk:

Boss GT-8:

Any comments on the Latency, Line 6 people?

Here are two videos that (hopefully) shows how much faster/cleaner the patch change is on the Boss GT-8 compared to the Line 6 Firehawk.

The Boss GT-8 has practically no disruption in the sound, but the Firehawk cuts the sound for a short while.

I often have two patches that are practically the same, one has multiple effects enabled and the other doesn't.

Switching patches enables me to switch on/off multiple effects fast and 'seamlessly' with the GT-8, but with the

firehawk that just isn't gonna flow as nice as with the GT-8, instead there'll be a gap in the sound.

I wish Line 6 will fix this.

Here are the videos:

Boss GT-8:

Line 6 Firehawk: