derek2210

Pod Pro Transformer

Hi,

My Pod Pro is not working, which I have found to be the transformer soldered to the PCB inside the case has somehow been damaged, there is no power comming out of the transformer.

I am a Electronics Engineer and have removed the transformer from the PCB. Please see attached photograpgh

Can I buy a new transformer?

post-2300775-0-68903000-1447097904_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I also had a prob with the transformer in my PRO which I managed to fix. However, I got in touch with Line 6 to ask if I could purchase 1 and was told they no longer stock replacements and he referred me to buy a 2nd hand pro on e Bay etc.

Not sure if any other Co makes a transformer which is compatible as didn't look any further as a small solder job got my one going again.

I did pick up a pro on e bay for a good price as a backup so this might be the route to go down.

Cheers

The internal transformer is a 9V AC secondary type, I replaced my broken transformer (shorted primary) with a 9V AC output toroid transformer. I soldered the leads directly onto the PCB and cable tied it in place. Make sure the primary is the correct voltage for your mains input.

Mike  :rolleyes: 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the new Mike! Never know when that will come in handy.

Welcome to the board too btw!

-Bill

Hi,

My Pod Pro toke a dive from the shells couple of years ago and ruined the transformer. Also I'm looking for an alternative....

originally there probably from a company called EnsignCorp! But they probably have some contract with line6 not to sell the specific one we need..

http://www.ensigncorp.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=64&AttributeID=620

20VA IP020-2-020 115/230V 20VCT @ 1.0A 10V @ 2.0A

Data Sheet

Maybe this is useful for anyone who still like me uses stuff from the stone-age :)

Greetz Ziggy

Hi, my transformer fell off. It was only fixed to the board with a cable binder (!).

Which way do I need to place it? There is one side with a '1' and the other side marked with a '3'.

Any hints?

Thanks very much.

K