Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Pro Transformer

derek2210

Hi,

My Pod Pro is not working, which I have found to be the transformer soldered to the PCB inside the case has somehow been damaged, there is no power comming out of the transformer.

I am a Electronics Engineer and have removed the transformer from the PCB. Please see attached photograpgh

Can I buy a new transformer?

post-2300775-0-68903000-1447097904_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I also had a prob with the transformer in my PRO which I managed to fix. However, I got in touch with Line 6 to ask if I could purchase 1 and was told they no longer stock replacements and he referred me to buy a 2nd hand pro on e Bay etc.

Not sure if any other Co makes a transformer which is compatible as didn't look any further as a small solder job got my one going again.

I did pick up a pro on e bay for a good price as a backup so this might be the route to go down.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

The internal transformer is a 9V AC secondary type, I replaced my broken transformer (shorted primary) with a 9V AC output toroid transformer. I soldered the leads directly onto the PCB and cable tied it in place. Make sure the primary is the correct voltage for your mains input.

Mike  :rolleyes: 

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

Hi,

My Pod Pro toke a dive from the shells couple of years ago and ruined the transformer. Also I'm looking for an alternative....

originally there probably from a company called EnsignCorp! But they probably have some contract with line6 not to sell the specific one we need..

http://www.ensigncorp.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=64&AttributeID=620

20VA IP020-2-020 115/230V 20VCT @ 1.0A 10V @ 2.0A

Data Sheet

Maybe this is useful for anyone who still like me uses stuff from the stone-age :)

Greetz Ziggy

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 12/28/2015 at 4:39 AM, sparker1 said:

The internal transformer is a 9V AC secondary type, I replaced my broken transformer (shorted primary) with a 9V AC output toroid transformer. I soldered the leads directly onto the PCB and cable tied it in place. Make sure the primary is the correct voltage for your mains input.

Mike  :rolleyes: 

Mike - could you point me to the one that you used online (if you can remember)? There are so many choices out there, and I'd like to be sure I get a proper replacement.

Was it something like this one...

https://americas.rsdelivers.com/product/myrra/44128/9v-ac-2-output-through-hole-pcb-transformer-2va/1739721

I assume it has to be 9v output... and not 10v...

Thanks,

Mike

• 10 months later...

Any news on transformers?

The POD XT PRO I have has a large xformer bolted to metal bottom and has 2 (out, I guess) yellow wires (AC 9V?) and a multipin input cable.

RD YEL BLU WHI BLK

this thing is HOT, and unit reboots and flashes!

Let me know, will send beer.

Phillip

5fe5132944d89.image.jpg