Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi TT vs FX100- which one to buy?

khabbi

I currently own a amplifi 150 and am looking at buying either the TT or FX100 to travel with and/or take to lessons.  I don't plan to gig with it for now.  

With looking at both, the pedal seems to offer everything and more than the TT, so I'm curious to know if I'm missing something with the TT?  For $50 more, you get a pedal and ability to use the bank switches.  

So, just want to open this up to discussion before I buy.  Any reason to get the TT when the pedal is not much more and offers bank switching and a pedal?  

I've had my 150 for over a year, and it's been rock solid and has changed the way I play and learn, loving it! 

Hi khabbi,

With the AMPLIFi family its all about the best solution for you. Both products are great for traveling. Apposed to the TT the FX100 offers onboard preset switching, and expression pedal for Vol/Wah. The TT was designed to be compact for your creative space like your desk, or the home entertainment center. To get the same control with the TT that you get with the FX100 you would need an FBV controller.

If you were to go with the TT I would recommend checking out the FBV MKII controller which you can also use with your 150. The FBV gives you on/off control of all your FX, Preset Switching, and expression.