Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone Found How To Create A Document Yet ?

jimsreynolds

Has anyone figured out whether you can create a document in the new forums yet?   I think the documents in the old forum (e.g. the 4CM document that I created) are now locked, as I understand it.  I don't have a need to maintain at the moment but I am wondering if we have lost the ability.

That would take resources off site and this risks link-rot

Last i heard, they do intend to migrate documents etc... and come up with a better archival means of accessing the old forums...

they just didn't want to add too much to the mix that would slow down rolling this new software out and ending the spam.

Last i heard, they do intend to migrate documents etc... and come up with a better archival means of accessing the old forums...

they just didn't want to add too much to the mix that would slow down rolling this new software out and ending the spam.

Well three years of posts and documents at least. It's a lot of work I imagine...

I am not so bothered about maintaining old docs in situ but there does not seem to be any remaining documents functionality in the new forum that I have seen.  This means nowhere to manually port the old documents over to.   

Something about babies and bathwater ...