Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wow!! I finally got my hands on a Helix. Put a little demo together...

PeterJH

Hi everyone,

I finally got a Helix to play around with. I was busy putting a new track together for my new album and thought it might make a nice demo to show some of the tones. I recorded the Helix directly into the desk.

The drummer, Larry Rose and I put the basic structure together and I added the guitars.

I used the Les Paul playing with my Plexi patch and the Strat using my Hiwatt patch. I used the Les Paul in the "chorus" parts of the song with the Strat playing the "verse" parts.

The first verse is completely clean and the second is slightly more driven. I thought that the Strat worked well with this patch.

The only post processing that I carried out was a bit of noise reduction on my Strat parts as my Strat is quite a noisy guitar.

There is also a chorused clean Les Paul playing through the whole track. For this part I used my Jazz Rivet patch.

I also decided to track the bass through the Helix and used my G Cougar 800 patch.

Overall I'm loving this unit. I'm also busy putting together my first video in the series on the Helix.

Hope you enjoy...

Cheers,

Peter.

https://soundcloud.com/peter-john-hanmer/still-want-you-back

• Upvote 3

Great track. You've got a lot really nice tones going on. Having listened to the stuff you made on the HD, your particular style is coming through in this song. But it sounds more open, clean, and dynamic than the HD.

Thanks, Duncan.

I have that the actual patch creation is easier on the Helix. I do miss a few effects though that the HD500X had but not the Helix.

Cheers,

Peter.

Same here. Things are much more predictable and rational on Helix. Also missing a few effects from the HD, which I'm hoping time will cure.

Yes, I think that's what it is. More predictable and rational.

I really hope that Line 6 are gonna put the Dimension chorus into the Helix. That was my go to chorus.

Hi everyone,

I finally got a Helix to play around with. I was busy putting a new track together for my new album and thought it might make a nice demo to show some of the tones. I recorded the Helix directly into the desk.

The drummer, Larry Rose and I put the basic structure together and I added the guitars.

I used the Les Paul playing with my Plexi patch and the Strat using my Hiwatt patch. I used the Les Paul in the "chorus" parts of the song with the Strat playing the "verse" parts.

The first verse is completely clean and the second is slightly more driven. I thought that the Strat worked well with this patch.

The only post processing that I carried out was a bit of noise reduction on my Strat parts as my Strat is quite a noisy guitar.

There is also a chorused clean Les Paul playing through the whole track. For this part I used my Jazz Rivet patch.

I also decided to track the bass through the Helix and used my G Cougar 800 patch.

Overall I'm loving this unit. I'm also busy putting together my first video in the series on the Helix.

Hope you enjoy...

Cheers,

Peter.

https://soundcloud.com/peter-john-hanmer/still-want-you-back

I'd say this sounds fantastic.  Great dynamics in your tones and playing.