Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume differences between Valve MKII 112, Vetta 2, and Spider IV 75

basudz

Hey folks,

I'm trying to decide which amp to change to and looking for information.  I currently have a Spider IV 75 and I'm hobby player that plays in a room thats about 10x10, so not very big.  On my Spider IV with the channel volume maxed out, I can run the master volume up to about 5 or 6.

I love the sound and options of the Spider IV 75 but I'm looking for a bit more tone if that makes sense.  I am considering a Valve MKII 112, or possibly a Vetta 2 but I'm wondering how the volume levels are on these?  I don't want to be limited to a volume setting of 2 or less.

I like all different kinds of metal and hard rock, and also love all different types of blues tones, especially a boost clean breakup.

So given the choice, would either of these 2 amps suite my playing area and give me the better tone that I'm looking for?  If yes to both, which is the preferred? 

Thanks for the suggestions!

• 4 weeks later...

'A bit more tone' is somewhat subjective!  Have you tried playing with your Spider settings?  Instead of maxing out the channel volume, turn it down some and try increasing the master volume.  There is a maximum volume associated with these 2 controls, you may have noticed that when you have channel volume all the way up, the master volume control does not change anything past about 5.