Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

L3t and L3s as a small PA?

As I was looking at the various diagrams for the different possible setups using various L6 speakers, I noticed that there was a setup that was not shown, so I am wondering if it's either not possible or simply not considered.

So any of the diagrams that are using an L3s there is always a mixer involved.  Now to my mind, this makes sense for any other speakers from any other manufacturer.  But I was wondering if the Line 6 link could or does allow some magic that wouldn't be possible with other speakers.

Suppose I wanted to use 1 L3s and one L3t and just use the two channel mixer on the side of L3t for mic and guitar and then the L & R aux inputs on the back of the L3t for backing tracks.  Would using the Line 6 Link between the L3t and the L3s set and utilize the crossover point. 

If I used the M20d It wouldn't matter how I plugged in all the speakers as long as they were all connected in series from the M20d.  So if I came from M20d to an L3t as the first speaker in the chain, it would still only get frequencies above 120hz (assuming that's the setting I choose) but would go ahead and pass all of the audio on to the rest of the chain allowing any L3s speakers that are connected to amplify everything below 120 hz.

So it kind of makes sense to me that I could use the mixer on the L3t and then no matter which way I hook up the L3s (L6 link out from L3t to L6 link in on L3s or vice versa), the L3t should handle everything above 120HZ and the L3s should handle everything below.  Does anyone know off hand if this is the case?

Don't know for sure but I think your reasoning is sound (no pun intended!). Should work that way I think.

You might have to have a 2-way L6 Link connection. I seem to recall that the side panel and rear panel inputs on an L3t don't get passed over L6 Link unless there's a 2-way connection to another Stagesource speaker.