Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is the StageSource the right choice and which one?

Hi all,

I curently have a Line 6 Table Top and often run it in the Effects loop of my Mesa Express 2x12. As you know, running a modeler into another pre-amp section of an amplifier often produces results that are less than stellar.  As you also know, when using the Line 6 models through headphones, things sound really good.  Now some of the amp models sound pretty good through the Mesa amp, but most don't.

Enter the StageSource L2t and L2m.

Here's what I'd like to be able to do:

1. Hear realistic models with their best possible character
  2. Be able to replace my aoustic amp (Genz Benz, admittedly, this will be very difficult)
  3. Be able to sing through it and it has to sound really good
  4. Be able to use it as a somewhat portable Bluetooth "party" speaker for use inside and out. (I currently use a Marshall Stanmore BT speaker).  Btw, I do run my Line 6 TT into this speaker, but only really sounds good for clean tones.

I believe the StageSouce is a good option to do all these things. Which model would you suggest, the L2t or the L2m?

Thank you for the help with this.

Adam 

• Hear realistic models with their best possible character

I'm not a quitarist so can't help you with this one, though I believe the FRFR nature of the speaker is supposedly perfect for this requirement.

• Be able to replace my aoustic amp (Genz Benz, admittedly, this will be very difficult)

Likewise, I'm no guitarist.

• Be able to sing through it and it has to sound really good

Yep, you'll not go wrong... so long as you buy the L2T with the side panel mixer.

• Be able to use it as a somewhat portable Bluetooth "party" speaker for use inside and out. (I currently use a Marshall Stanmore BT speaker).  Btw, I do run my Line 6 TT into this speaker, but only really sounds good for clean tones.

The L2M and L2T are NOT Bluetooth speakers so you will not be able to do this without some additional hardware.

I believe the StageSouce is a good option to do all these things. Which model would you suggest, the L2t or the L2m?

Based on it not being Bluetooth, it fails on one of your requirements. BUT given that a Bluetooth receiver for music streaming is as little as £15 ($20) then it would seem a shame to bin it purely for the one minor missing feature.

Hi.

Thanks.

I read more into the manual and agree with you that the L2t is the way to go.  Not only is it better suited for vocals, but it also has the acoustic guitar modeling.  Yes is does not have a bluetooth connection, but it does have the RCA inputs.  Having said that, if I also happen to have my Line 6 Table Top connected to it, I can indirectly have a BT connection.  Still your suggestion for getting a BT reliever is a good one.

Thanks!!

Adam

Here is what I will add to Si Watts since I do play guitar.  IMHO these speakers are great for modellers, especially if you want to be able to go from electric to acoustic.   I play through a Roland GR-55 which has amp modelling, guitar modelling, guitar synth and guitar effects and the guitar tones through these speakers are better than through any other speakers I've tried which includes offerings from Yamaha, Bose and Yorkville.   The one caveat I will offer is that you'll need ot build your patches through these speakers at the volume you want to play at.  Don't expect your headphone built patches to translate directly.

As for the rest, I agree with Si Watts, great for vocals and acoustic and for canned music.  I had some L2t speakers when I was using them as monitors but sold them when I went to in ear monitors.  I do still however use the L3t and L3s speakers as my main FOH PA.   When I had the L2t's they were great for taking to a rehearsal or jam and I would plug my guitar into one channel and mic into another and it cut through without breaking a sweat and sounded great on both guitar and vocals.  That said, I think they would cut equally as well at a gig doing the same thing.   Now that I don't have the L2t's, I have to bring out the L3t's to do the same thing which works it's just heavier.