Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Storing Two Independent Patches In One Fs And Controling With Exp Pedal

frankiman

Hi there,

Just upgraded to a HD500X. One thing that is alarming me is not being able to figure out (dont know if it is possible) to have 2 independent tones in one single FS and then have the ability to control them by rocking the exp pedal back (for one tone) and then move up (for the other tone). This used to be great about the Pod X3 allowing you to morph your sounds from a clean tone with amp X to a dirty tone with amp Y.

I have been able to pan with the exp pedal but this is useless as I want to keep both tones in stereo when moving my exp pedal.

Any help figuring this out would be appreciated.

Thank you

Frank

You can still do it, but setting it up would be a little different. You need to assign the channel volume parameter in both of you amp blocks to be controlled by the expression pedal. You would just have them set opposite one another. So when one volume is at 100%, the other would be 0% and vice versa. As long as you have the pan in the mixer block set to center for each tone, you can keep the tone stereo as well.

• Upvote 1

you are the man, thanks! I was able to do it

You can still do it, but setting it up would be a little different. You need to assign the channel volume parameter in both of you amp blocks to be controlled by the expression pedal. You would just have them set opposite one another. So when one volume is at 100%, the other would be 0% and vice versa. As long as you have the pan in the mixer block set to center for each tone, you can keep the tone stereo as well.

What's really cool is that if you use a JTV guitar you can fade between a modelled acoustic guitar through one FX path and the electric (magnetic pickups) through the other path. I have a Lola patch that I move from clean dobro to overdriven electric (Vox AC30 amp model) via the expression pedal.

Cheers,

Crusty