Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix vocal harmonies?

AeroUSA

Does anyone know if the harmony settings can be applied to vocals in order to have a 3rd above (like the TC stuff does)?

Also does anyone have any good tips for setting up a vocal mic. Which effects and eq etc do you use?

They don't sound good on vocals. TC stuff applies formants to the harmony(s) so they don't sound like chipmunks. We need dedicated vocal effects on the Helix because it has a vocal mic input!

For vocal, roll off the bass, use the LA Studio Compressor, Parametric EQ if needed. Then light on some delay and a plate reverb. 

The mic pre in the Helix is excellent. That's why I wish they would add a good vocal harmonizer. I could use it for my sax!

Yes, Aaronshort .... please vote for it here:

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Voicelive-type-vocal-processing/772456-23508#idea-tab-comments

You need to sign up for IdeaScale, and then you can vote for Helix features. Or request new ones.

Custom scales is the only way to go and track well. Axe fx, Boss gt 100, and others have this. The boss is a 500 dollar unit. Several people have requested this in Idea forum and no one listens.

Yes, I totally agree. Custom preset scales/key are the way to go. The "intelligent" modes aren't as fast and reliable, especially with ambient background noise.

Besides, folks know what key their songs are in anyway!