Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dual Path, No Amps, Input Question.

StephenSLR

Can anyone explain what is happening here, I'm using this patch

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/208422/

It looks something like this:

__ EQ__Amp A __
__EQ__Comp__EQ__ /                                 Mixer
                                    \ __ EQ__Amp B __

Both amps are switched off.

I have my guitar lead going into the 'Guitar in' and my output lead going out via the '1/4 out L mono'.

I've changed Input 1 to Guitar as has been recommended, it was originally Guitar + Variax.

Input 2 was originally 'Same' but I've read 'Variax' is recommended for a clean sound.

When I'm scrolling through the input 2 options, I find that 'Guitar + Variax' gives it a very full sound and 'Variax' for input 2 sounds rather flat. Why is this?

My guess is because there's no signal going to the lower 'Amp B' path, correct?

There is also a loud hiss when I select 'mic' even though I have no mic plugged in, what's going on there?

s

What guitar are you using? Unless it is a Variax guitar connected to your Pod HD via the VDI connection, then your selection of Variax for any Input is effectively a null signal.

In that case, the reason for the difference between the 'Guitar+Variax' and 'Variax' inputs is that in the first case your guitar is being used in both inputs and in the latter case only Input 1 is receiving your guitar signal.In both cases I believe you have the signal going through both paths (amps). The difference is that in one case your guitar is doubled and in the other it is not.

What guitar are you using? 

I'm using a Jackson Kelly and yes the reason they say to select Variax is so you don't get any interference from Input 2.

The difference is that in one case your guitar is doubled and in the other it is not.

Ahh, okay,  I think I prefer the sound of my guitar being doubled, the tone is very full bodied.

s