Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

WOW!

Tboneous

Was given a Firehawk 1500 as a gift and....WOW! I wouldn't have purchased one myself. Now that I have one I can say that I'm very impressed!

Free can sometimes have that effect!

Normally the factory presets in any gizmo are completely useless! There are quite a lot of usable presets in this thing.

I might use a different reverb here or a different delay there, But usable straight out of the box for the most part.

It's the splitting of the fx where you REALLY notice the quality!

Well done Line 6!

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Still really appreciating the Firehawk 1500. I'm going through the process of creating usable patches of my favorite amps. I try to find youtube videos of the actual amps that are mic'd and played through a DAW/mixer, instead of a mic in a room. That way I get the best recording possible to emulate. The videos sound great through FH and I can get a really close a/b of the actual amp tone and the FH tone.

I'm sure all of this will change when I move from the bedroom to the rehearsal studio and change again from the rehearsal studio to the stage.

I certainly plan to take advantage of the direct out on this thing and that might make all the difference in the wold to getting that close to perfect all around mix. It should work out in theory! Less an unanticipated bug shows up and renders my new toy useless!

Speaking of bugs....

I have not experienced any bugs so far. I turn it on, plug in the Variax and I am off and running. The firmware update available at this point talks about fixing "various bugs".

What does that mean? Can we name thes bugs?

I'm totally afraid to update jack squat, cause my sheet is working purty darn good right now and I don't want no firmware upgrade screwing that up.

Is this "update necessary if I am happy with what I got?

• Upvote 1

Sometimes a "bug" can be something tiny that you wouldn't notice unless you used a specific patch. A funny sounding overdrive or hearing chorus when you selected delay, etc. And it may not happen every time. These little things usually get ironed out over time with updates. If you never experience one, that's great, but just in case, it usually doesn't hurt to update. And sometimes an update can mean added features that are cool.