Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Change headphone out channel for DAW Metronome

jeebster

Hey Everyone,

I'm using Helix as my recording interface. My DAW allows for changing the output channels of the metronome and I'd like to take advantage of this routing to send the click to the headphones and the remaining audio to output channels 1 and 2 for my monitors. Is this possible? Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

• 1 month later...

Try this setup:

- create a dual path preset in Helix. Use Path 1 for your guitar processing. Use Path 2 for your headphone signal.

- in your DAW send your headphone/click track to USB 3/4. Set the Helix preset Path 2 input to USB3/4

- connect your Helix XLR L/R outputs to your monitors. Set your Path 1 outputs to XLR only.

- connect your headphones (you'll need an adapter) to the Helix 1/4" outputs. Set your Path 2 outputs to 1/4" only. Set the 1/4" output signal level to Mic, not quite what your headphones are expecting but not as loud as Line level. Start with a very low output level on the Path 2 output (set output level parameter to -max Db) to protect your ears and headphones. Increase slowly until adequate.