Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I think my amplifi 150 may have suddenly died... 4 tones led blinking

krick

Hi everyone,

I was about to listen to some music with my ipad connected to the amplifi 150 via bluetooth, very quickly the sound became crunchy and then the ipad got disconnected.

Since then, I turn it on, there is a little pop ( that was always  there when turned on) the tone led A blink a few times and then all 4 tone led blink together and I can't do anything, the power button stays off and unresponsive...

I tried everything I read here, I did multiple firmware updates and with different machines, iphone, ipad, mac air via USB... every time the update seemed to have installed fine but the problem remains. I tried many factory reset, that never did anything.

I feels like my amp died, or do you have any other ideas?

I am bummed because this amp was very well taking care of, used here in there with no abuse, no travel... It feels like it just went off by itself :-/

I had a similar thing some time ago, but it seems like you've already tried the thing that fixed mine?!? I started the app on my phone, and did a firmware update, switched off, restarted using the reboot procedure and it was fine since. Given you've already done that I'm not sure what else to suggest other than raising a support ticket...

I did, thank you. I really like the idea of the amplifi, but this has been a very frustrating amp. If it died, that would have been a very expensive few jams and speaker.

Yes, people's experiences seem quite mixed when it comes to what could loosely be grouped as "reliability". I've had very few issues with mine, and even the Bluetooth has been fine! I've even gigged with mine on a few occasions very successfully. I regard mine as more of a computing device than an amp though, and tend to troubleshoot in the same way as my laptop! But equally I can understand how frustrating it can be for those having problems :-(

• 2 months later...

Mine is coming back from support (after over $100 in shipping :-/). Sent it for repair, politely asked to let me know what was happening or what the amplifi went through before it is sent back... nothing, no update, no news. Just got a ups email with a tracking number. It sure what to expect but I will update here for sure

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was exhibiting the same behaviour. I left it unplugged from the power for a week, and then when I tried it again it worked!

Since then, I have not turned it off at all, and am looking at selling now while it's working and getting the Spider V 60, or else the Marshall Code 50.

Did you guys every get your to work again? krick, has your repaired unit been working fine since?