Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amp feedback...

FarleyUK

Hi guys,

Played a gig last night and it appeared that I was getting a load of feedback from the amp that I never normally got.

I'm not using a distortion block, running 4CM, and have the SR block set at 100% mix and 0db.

It seems ok without the Helix - is there anything that could be adding to the feedback from within the Helix?

Maybe are you using a compressor in helix?  that might cause early feedback.

Also in 4cm it's worth remembering that Helix's Send/Return sockets should be set to "Instrument" - not Line - or you'll be feeding way to much signal in to the front of your amp...  But of course your amp's FX loop is either running at -10dBV consumer line level or "pro" +4dBU level - which means that it will be sending a very hot signal level back into Helix if set at Instrument.  

I always turn down the Return level on my Send/Return block to about -15dB when using my amp in 4cm with its FX loop at -10bBV

I always turn down the Return level on my Send/Return block to about -15dB when using my amp in 4cm with its FX loop at -10bBV

Interesting! My JVM is also set at -10dBV. Would'nt  be best to simply set the send/return at Line  in the Global Settings for 4CM config?

Interesting! My JVM is also set at -10dBV. Would'nt  be best to simply set the send/return at Line  in the Global Settings for 4CM config?

That would seem to make sense - but then you would be SENDing Line level into your JVM's Guitar input.. way too much signal level!

You really need to use an Instrument Level SEND on Helix and a Line level RETURN... but you can only select the same for each pair of Send/Return

• Upvote 1

That would seem to make sense - but then you would be SENDing Line level into your JVM's Guitar input.. way too much signal level!

You really need to use an Instrument Level SEND on Helix and a Line level RETURN... but you can only select the same for each pair of Send/Return

Alright I'll include this in my settup. Thanks