Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Stereo Patch to Mission Gemini 2 via Helix Headphone Out

GeeTah

Can anyone see any reason that you wouldn't want to feed the stereo input of a Mission Gemini 2 FRFR stereo powered cab via the stereo headphone out of the Helix? Seems like a marriage made in heaven to me.

1. Send the Helix' XLR outs to the FOH console, set everythign exactly right - levels, etc. FOH Engineers are happy.

2. Then, send the stereo headphone out of Helix to the stereo input on the Mission Gemini 2. That gives me some stage volume and it (theoretically) sounds exactly like what I'm sending to FOH.

That setup keeps the level consistent at FOH, while allowing you to vary your stage amp volume independently with the separate headphone volume control on Helix.

Seems too easy - sounded really good too. Just curious if anyone sees a reason that wouldn't be a good-sounding, fast hookup and workable solution - assuming you have a Mission Gemini 2 (I have access to one via my church).

Thoughts?

Bradley GT

I've been cyber-stalking the Mission Gemini 2 for a while. I haven't pulled the trigger quite yet.

Per the MG2 manual, Input 1 is 1/4" stereo TRS (or mono when switched accordingly).

I/O Input 1 - Combo XLR-1/4†TRS jack line input (mono or stereo)

http://missionengineering.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Mission-GM-2-Hardware-User-Guide.pdf

In my mind, this makes it the perfect Helix FRFR stage amp with a single 1/4" TRS cable connection from the Helix Phones. Phones knob adjusts your stage volume, Volume knob controls Helix XLR out to FOH.

Mission%2BG2%2BConnections%2BManual.JPG

Mission%2BG2%2Brear%2Bpanel.JPG