Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Guitar In Fl Using Ux2 And Pod Farm 2

So yesterday I got the Line6 UX2 external soundcard with Pod farm 2, had a blast with it.

Today I figured that I'd bring up FL and somewhat add it in there so I could play guitar and record it.

I got the POD Farm in via the mixer...

But I can't find a way to play my actual guitar and get it in there. Does it not work? If it do, does anyone know how?

Best regards.

Edit, is there any other way to record your sounds in your PC? The thing is, currently I am recording the sound coming out of my speakers with my microphone but that doesnt give you that crisp sound that you are hearing yourself.

Run Monkey to make sure everything is current.

You need to select Line6 ASIO UX2 as you device in FL.

Then connect you speakers, studio monitors, or headphones directly to the UX2, it becomes your soundcard.

Then in the POD Farm mixer view configure what is sent to FL.

A typical workflow is to capture both wet and dry and then add the POD Farm plugin to the dry post processing.

Run Monkey to make sure everything is current.

You need to select Line6 ASIO UX2 as you device in FL.

Then connect you speakers, studio monitors, or headphones directly to the UX2, it becomes your soundcard.

Then in the POD Farm mixer view configure what is sent to FL.

A typical workflow is to capture both wet and dry and then add the POD Farm plugin to the dry post processing.

Thanks alot for the reply Triryche!

But I got stuck at the "Then in the Pod Farm mixer" part.

Im not the brightest, yet, when it comes to this computer stuff. Am I supposed to fiddle in the POD Farm in FL or the normal POD Farm on my windows?

EDIT: I accidentally skipped Selecting Line6 ASIO UX2 as my device in FL... how do I do that?

EDIT2: Got it, had to go to Options>Audio Settings>choose ASIO UX2 as Input/Output and then Select the input in the mixer. Thanks alot for the guidance Triryche!

Not sure exactly where to select the audio device Fl.

In the POD Farm mixer view there are sends 1-2 and 3-4, you can determine what is sent, dry, processed, or semi processed.

For recording and hearing POD Farm in real-time you would launch the standalone PF from the desktop.

For the plug-in you would launch it within your Fl.