Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500 How do I utilize the exp pedal?

After setting up a custom tone, I added a wah fx at the end of the signal chain, and assigned the on/off to the pedal toe switch, showing the lights EXP1 red = wah on, and EXP2 green = wah off, but with EXP1 = on and moving the expression pedal does nothing, I can't even see the pos parameter move with the pedal, I even have min = 0% at heel pos, and max = 100% at toe pos, for testing, shouldn't I be able to see the parameters change as the pedal is depressed to toe position? then to heel position?

I've tried every which way possible and the expression pedal still does nothing not even for volume/pan, is there a possibility the pedal itself or it's circuitry is broken?  I even tried it with one of the inbuilt tones that have the wah setup by default, and still nothing.

Which EXP pedal (1 or 2) is assigned as the Wah controller? Note that each time you use the toe switch it also toggles the active pedal, changing it from 1 to 2 or vice versa. So you need to make sure that your assignments are compatible.

For instance, if you want EXP1 to control the Wah, and you use the toe switch to activate it, you need to save the preset in one of two states: with the Wah FX ON and the active pedal being EXP1, or with the Wah FX OFF and the active pedal being EXP2.

I have tried all ways possible.

The current assignment is:-

EXP1 = wah controller

EXP1 = toe switch enable wah (Red light)

EXP2 = toe switch disable wah (Green light)

And still nothing, but the on/off using the toe switch does work as set out, I can hear the sound difference between enable and disable, but it's the pedal itself that won't control the wah effects sound, IE manual filter position.

The toe switch turns the Wah FX on/off like a toggle switch with each depression. Make sure that the Wah FX is actually ON when the pedal is in the EXP1 position. You may need to do that manually the first time, then when it's working properly Save the preset.

The toe switch turns the Wah FX on/off like a toggle switch with each depression. Make sure that the Wah FX is actually ON when the pedal is in the EXP1 position. You may need to do that manually the first time, then when it's working properly Save the preset.

I did, and I can hear the audible difference between on/off, and when the wah is on, I hear the high end filter effect on the sound, as if the wah pedal is fully depressed at toe position, but moving the pedal does nothing, and when the wah is off, there's a clean sound,,, the toe switch does toggle the wah on/off, and being the rest of the switches show red as being on, then depressing the pedal toe switch toggles the EXP1 and EXP2 lights red and green, (EXP1=Red, EXP2 Green), meaning when the EXP1 light is red, the wah is on, and when EXP2 is green the wah is off, as shown on the display by the wah block alternating white/black during the toggle.

EXP1 = red = on, sound from effect is heard when the filter is being manually altered using the POS max parameter from 0% to 100% and back, then putting max back to 100% and moving the pedal does nothing, there's not even a visual indication of the parameter(s) being altered by the pedal.

EXP2 = green = off, clean sound from unit.

Sooo, by now, after trying this and that, there could be a possibility that the circuitry for the EXP pedal is borked, and the unit may need fixing.