Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bass POD HO pro

airguitargb

Hi

Trying to help a friend here

I use an Hd500 and connect to a Marshall JVM using 4CM. I can choose if I want to here the Marshall pre amp with POD effects or remove the Marshall pre amp and use POD preamps easily and we all know that works.

He is a bassist and has the Bass HD Pro rack unit and is looking to connect in same way so he can use his bass amp preamp and add effects.

He doesn't think this is possible but I think it shouldn't be as I assume that in he main the connections and routing options would be same for guitar or bass.

Any ideas please gents?

Thanks

If his bass head has an effects loop that is a total send from it's preamp and return at its Power Amp. 4CM .

He probably knows his gear and his HD and will know if it can be done or not.

Otherwise he can only use the HD as an effects pedal before the amp input.

Also The Bass Pod is an earlier model.

Yes. There is NO Bass Pod HD. The last, latest Bass specific Pod was the Bass Pod XT. The Bass exclusive pods just weren't selling so they dropped them and put the Bass amp models in the next Pod. The Pod X3. None of the Bass Pods have a preamp selection. You only get to change the speaker cabs and mics.