Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Using a POD HD500x as part of a pedalboard

mozzaman

I hope someone can help. I am trying to build a pedalboard around my POD HD500x. My plan is to run some mono effects into the POD, then use POD Mono effects, then go out thro' the FX Loop into stereo effects then back into the POD, use Stereo POD effects and then out into a Stereo Looper. So far the only way I can get anything out of the FX Loop is shown in the picture attached, but it isn't stereo. What is also very confusing is that when I place the effects in a straight line with only one amp, the FX Loop works well when I listen with headphones, but is not there on the 1/4 output !!

I must be doing something wrong, I have seen it can be done on Youtube video's but none of the of the video's explain how to do it.

post-1788525-0-79196300-1477067538_thumb.jpg

You have to be sure to pan everything the way you want L or R, (stereo fx, mixer etc). I usually go the mono route but remember the FX loop is stereo and will be summed back to mono if a mono fx is placed after it.

There is a bit of a learning curve but that is the usual hurdle for stereo.

• Upvote 1

That is a really useful document thanks for pointing it out. In the meantime I have solved the problem by looking once again at all of the levels in the signal path before, inside, and after the POD. It was harder than I thought, but now it's great. Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions.