Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD 400

MetalDaddy79

Hi all,

after a long time without problems, my Pod HD 400 stopped working.
There is no signal going in or out.

What works:
- the interface on the pod is working properly

- connecting and editing banks on PC works

What's not working:
- can't get any sound in or out

- even the tuner doesn't work

- also output as pc interface doesn't work (but it's shown in the tray in windows as sound device)

All the functions seem normal but it doesn't give any sound.

I tried a factory reset and a firmware update. The firmware was installed successfully, but there still is no signal.

The problem occured from one day to another without any reason.

Does anyone have a clue what happend?

Thanks for your help!

Cheers, Thomas

I am not sure if this is your problem or not. I had an HD400 for a little while and I was able to get it into a state of the sound not working if I powered off the HD400 while USB was connected to the running computer. Powering up the HD400, connecting the USB to the PC and then disconnecting USB would clear the condition.

There is something a little weird about the USB controller in the HD400 in that on Windows 7 if you connect the USB to it with the HD400 power disconnected, it is partially detected by Windows (you hear the ding, but the driver will not load). Again, not sure if this is the same thing you are seeing as I tend to think reflashing would reset that condition. I also had a very early run of the HD400 and yours may not have the issue mine had.

• 1 month later...

Man please reply. I have the same problem with you! I dont have output after connecting from the computer. I reset it. No changes. No sounds. My cords and guitar, amp is working. And the worst thing is i have a gig nextweek. So i need to use it. Please help me fix it.