Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Looking at an M13 for live use, couple of questions.

RevCain

I just got a UX8 and spent the day playing with the tones on Pod Farm. I am impressed far beyond what I thought I would be with the Pod Farm software. (I have the platinum version)

So now I am thinking of switching out my stomp boxes for something like the M13 when I play live just to simplify things.

My questions are:

1 Does the M13 have similar models as the Pod Farm software? Im really interested in the Plexi modeling, listening to it on Pod Farm makes me think it might sound good live with my tube head (a Peavey JSX)

2. Can you edit / create sounds on the PC then load them from the PC to the M13?

If anyone is using a line 6 processor live and has advice I would certainly appreciate it.

1) The M13 is a Stompbox (FX) modeler. It does not include amp models (e.g. the Plexi) but it does include a wide range of FX models similar to what you find in Pod Farm.

2) No.

If you want to have amp and FX modeling in the same unit you should look at the Line 6 products in the Effects section under the Products tab above.

If you're new to this and like mobile devices I think something like the AMPLIFi line or the Firehawk FX is good. If you want to go deeper and like editing on PCs look at the POD HD500X. While the flagship Helix is an excellent product it's quite expensive and a rather complex starting point - but the sounds and features are stellar.

One caveat. If you want to continue using your physical Peavy amp it can get complicated using amp modeling. You'll have to learn how to avoid using both the physical amp and the modeled amp simultaneously. That rarely sounds good. Do some research in this forum on something called the 4CM (4 cable method). If that sounds too complicated you might want just an FX modeler like the M13 and stick with your Peavy.