Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X Presets - Settings - Logged

clearyrich

Hi everyone,

Since I recently bought my HD500X pedal I have been logging some of the preset settings, particularly those using the same amp models, just so I could quickly compare the readings to see what makes them sound different.  I have just come across a guy on ebay uk who has done a full log of all the presets in Set Lists 1-6 by number and amp model.  It must have taken him absolutely ages.  it's an impressive piece of work and very readable and well presented. 

Look up item no. 142201383500 on ebay UK if interested.

And this guy expects people to pay money for his "list"? Baffling.

For a set of patches that are widely regarded as unusable without extensive editing, I'm not sure of what use such a list would be. Besides, if you want all the factory presets back, one can simply save your own patches, and reload the factory ones. It's amazing what people will pay for...

irrespective of whether or not such presets are "usable" such listings IMHO have value for anyone who is interested in analysing and comparing patch settings without having to refer to the pedal or the software.  For example, if the preset  sounds right/wrong why is that so etc. etc. The data helps as a useful starting point for dealing with such questions.

my post was simply to make anyone interested aware of the item.  value versus price is always up for debate.

who is  p t barnum? 

Its all good my man, and thanks for posting that for anyone who might be interested.

PT Barnum was the founder of Barnum and Bailey circus who once said "There is a sucker born every minute". Keep in mind he was selling "snake oil" to cure a variety of illness.

-B