Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500x Volume Drop Issue

jad99888

Any one having this issue with their HD500X, When i use a unbalanced or balanced XLR cable

to my monitors i get a volume drop, by 1/2 comapred to the 1/4" cables to the same monitors.

HD500X is 2 days old, what am I missing? thanks

This is by design. The XLR outputs are at mic level since it's assumed people will plugging them into a channel strip with a preamp. The 1/4" outs are at line level, assuming you have the amp/line switch set to line.

This is by design. The XLR outputs are at mic level since it's assumed people will plugging them into a channel strip with a preamp. The 1/4" outs are at line level, assuming you have the amp/line switch set to line.

Thanks. This answer was very useful for me, too.

But I have a doubt. The twho following types have the same result ?

1) 1/4" outs (with POD's amp/line switch set to line) plugged into monitor with monitor's "line/mic" switch set to line

1) XLR outs (with POD's amp/line switch set to line) plugged into monitor with monitor's "line/mic" switch set to mic

I'm afraid that the preamp of my monitor changes the tone of POD

Sorry for my english.